ILS for Phuket carriers

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have installed two carriers by Phuket Thailand and neither has an ILS feather only a VOR. I also have AFCAD ver 2.21 which can place an ILS system with the feather most anywhere with the exception of these two carriers. It seems the AFCAD program that I have will not recognize them for some reason or another and was wondering if someone out there might give me a clue as to why. These two carriers were downloaded from www.martinstrong.com with the file name CVN_7275.zip.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I bookmarked the page you downloaded from, as I am a carrier nut myself. Currently I am on vacation, so my computer with FS2004 and AFCAD is at home about 3000 miles away... but unless someone solves it for you, when I get home I will look into it and figure it out for ya. I should be home this saturday night.

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Belgeode... Thanks for the reply and I will be waiting to see what you find out. I also am a carrier nut having 16 of them in FS2004 at all places around the world. I have found a very interesting way to land on the carriers for those who are having a problem. I use the ILS system but not in the way it was designed and can make life a lot easier when it comes to landing anything on a carrier provided you have all the necessary programs installed for carrier arrestor landings. More on that later.

Thanks for the reply

George

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

The RCB gauges seem to work for me really well... I've been able to put them in every navy plane I have that does not already have them.

But then I usually eyeball it, never tried ILS with it... this will be a FUN experiment.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...