SearchSearch 

ILS for Phuket carriers

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have installed two carriers by Phuket Thailand and neither has an ILS feather only a VOR. I also have AFCAD ver 2.21 which can place an ILS system with the feather most anywhere with the exception of these two carriers. It seems the AFCAD program that I have will not recognize them for some reason or another and was wondering if someone out there might give me a clue as to why. These two carriers were downloaded from www.martinstrong.com with the file name CVN_7275.zip.

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I bookmarked the page you downloaded from, as I am a carrier nut myself. Currently I am on vacation, so my computer with FS2004 and AFCAD is at home about 3000 miles away... but unless someone solves it for you, when I get home I will look into it and figure it out for ya. I should be home this saturday night.

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Belgeode... Thanks for the reply and I will be waiting to see what you find out. I also am a carrier nut having 16 of them in FS2004 at all places around the world. I have found a very interesting way to land on the carriers for those who are having a problem. I use the ILS system but not in the way it was designed and can make life a lot easier when it comes to landing anything on a carrier provided you have all the necessary programs installed for carrier arrestor landings. More on that later.

Thanks for the reply

George

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

The RCB gauges seem to work for me really well... I've been able to put them in every navy plane I have that does not already have them.

But then I usually eyeball it, never tried ILS with it... this will be a FUN experiment.