The plane I download doesn't appear in FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
Firetrec Trainee

I download my plane, read the ReadMe file, do what the file said to do, and the plane doesn't appear in my game 😞 (FSX). Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Look on the bottom of the aircraft menu page and click "show all variations" it should show up then.
Be sure the window at the top says "all".

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

Make sure its not texture only, if you use fsx, if you download a 737, its easy to have texture only!

Pro Member Trainee
Firetrec Trainee

I was already in "All variations". I've tried downloading planes a lot and so has my mom (she's knows a lot about computers). She did it 6 times following the instructions and still nothing happened. I think the problem is when I put the plane in my FSX/airplane file and all the effects in the effects file. Any other ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They go in simobjects/airplanes not in the other folders that are in simobjects.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Firetrec Trainee

Can't get it to work. Maybe if you give me the steps (not in incrdible detail) for of how to get it done.

Thx!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Firetrec wrote:

I download my plane, read the ReadMe file, do what the file said to do, and the plane doesn't appear in my game 😞 (FSX). Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

If the plane was originally made for FS2004 instead of FSX there could be a number of reasons for the plane not showing up in FSX which haven't been covered in the above posts.
Ask your Mom to dig up the correct name of the original .zip file and the name of the file library where you got it from and I'll have a look at it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...