adding scenery

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

I need help. My specific question is this: I purchased some areas of downstate NY from Megascenery. I did a manual download using winzip to my desktop. Where do I place these? In the add-on scenery folder of FS9 or the Scenery folder? I also have a vage sense that I haven't been placing all of my scenery add-ons correcdtly. Do I have to go the Scenery Library in FS9 and do something? I wish someone could give me the down-and-dirty steps of placinging great scenery in my flight sim. Please keep in mind that I'm only a few steps above that of a neophyte when it comes to computers. Thanx!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Megascenery has an installation guide right here.

http://www.megascenery.com/megafsx.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Thanx for the help, Radar. I figured out how to download the flight scenery into FSX. The funny thing about it is that I can't seem to do it for FS9. I enter everything like it says. It shows up in the Scenery Library. Made sure the 'empty cache' box was not checked and made sure the 'enable' box was. Clicked ok when everything was done and turned off FS9. When I turn it back on, all of my added scenery is gone. I did it several times w/ the same result. Any thoughts on this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check out the read-me that came with the download, it might be different.

Your not trying to put FSX scenery into FS9 are you.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
nyguy72000 Trainee

Actually, the scenery is meant for FS9. It says in the instructions that you can download it into FSX but that it may not be as prescise as that in FS9. I'm going to tinker w/ it today and see what happens. Thanx again for your help, my friend.

BTW, love your pix. I myself am a prop-head. Nothing like the sound of 4 Rolls-Royce Merlins on the Lancaster to get you going!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good luck, it should look fairly good.

I like the DC-3 and all single engine props (Carenado).

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...