Unable To Install Flight Simulator X: Deluxe Edition

Pro Member Trainee
TSJones Trainee

Hey guys,

I have been searching for hours on end looking for a solution to this problem. But I have found NOTHING. >,< I've talked to Microsoft, but they haven't even been able to fix it. Evil or Very MadI've come to the conclusion that re-formatting my hard-drive(s) is the only option. But I thought I would see if any one else has had the same problem and resolved it. I will try and provide as much information as I can. =) Thanks.

A while back ago I uninstalled Flight Sim for some reason that I don't remember (This has been awhile ago, maybe 9-10 months ago), and I tried to reinstall it. But I've been receiving a message that says "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.msi". And I've gone through probably EVERY single Google search result and I've found absolutey NOTHING. >,<

I'll give you a step-by-step explanation of what I'm doing and what happens. I'll try to include pictures and maybe a video so you can see what's happening in real-time.

First, I put the first DVD into one of my two DVD drives. (One is LightScribe and the other is not). I don't know the exact manufacturers or models, but I can get those if you absolutely need it.

It starts loading and everything...

And then this message comes up...

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.msi

And that is as far as it gets. =(

The DVD is in fair condition, a few scratches here-and-there, but other than that it's fine.

Thank you soooo much you guys. I do hope I can get this fixed. I really want to fly! =D[/quote]

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Did you uninstall it exactly like this.
If not, that's your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

The scratches don't help much either.

Radar

david h b Guest

Was that problem ever resolved ? I have exactly the same problem.

Pro Member Trainee
cuartz7o Trainee

Honestly, if either of the DVDs are scratched and they can't be buffed clean just buy a new copy. I had the same thing happen to me and I ended up buying a new copy of the game. $30 spent twice but I learned my lesson: keep the DVDs clean.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...