FSX Hangs on start-up

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

Hi All,

Just before I go for a total re-install of Windows 7 & FSX, I might have missed something.

I have Windows 7 64 bit on a quad core with an Nvidia 9800GSO, saitek yoke, saitek radio panel. I run Ultimate Traffic II & FS Panssengers. I have Captin Sim 757 and Wilco 737 PIC loaded as well.

When starting FSX it loads all the module and then hangs. Task Manager says not responding and the only thing I can do is shut down the progam Sad

I have removed the previous & saved flights as I know these can sometimes cause a hang. Still no joy.

I have renamed the FSX.CFG to FSX.BROKE so that it has to rebuild the FSX.CFG. I know this worked as FSX ask me to re-authorise the modules for the add ons. Still the same thing - stops just before the menu.

I have run a repair of FSX from the DVD's and reapplied SP1 & SP2. This has not improved things.

Windows is up to date and also the nVidia & Creative drivers are the lastest available.

Before I do a wipe and re-install does anyone have any ideas. The though of spending a day to doing a rebuild from scratch is not appealing!

Thanks

Mick

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Delete the log file, that usually helps with this type of problem.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

Hi RM,

Do you mean the logbook.bin file?

Thanks

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

Hi RM,

Just got home and renamed the logfile.bin to logfile.broke, and it now fires up!

😛

Thank you for your help, deffo own you a 🍻

Best Regards

Mick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear that!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...