Jabiru

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I downloaded (from Flyaway Simulation) and installed this light aircraft. It comes in 6 different liveries and both the 2D and 3D cockpits work well. None of the "panels" can be opened to add icons for "map", "atc" etc although one or two functions are accessed via shift+numberkey.

I note that it takes off at around 50 knots which is reasonable for an aircraft of this type but landing is another matter as with full flap it loses control below 100 knots and the stick is unable to stop the nose dropping - there is no lift. Landing at around 100kts is plainly excessive for an aircraft of this sort and I wonder if I have missed something?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

My guess is that the FDE update available at flightsim.com might solve the problem. Just type Jabiru into the 'Search for text' bar. There is also a Panel update on that page.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Yes that's certainly improved things - lift off around 45 knots and landing with full flap about the same but I think maybe less if I really try. It handles well and without obvious vices.

The only thing not working is the autopilot which is fitted but keying "Z" does not bring up the AP light, both Control+Z and Control+H appear to have no effect on either altitude or heading.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...