I recently cleaned my hard drive and as part of that process I have deleted something which affects FSX. I'm using Windows 7. When I choose an aircraft to fly now all I get is transparency or just bits and pieces of the aeroplane or a black screen.
Any advice would be appreciated.
2 Answers
Drop the disk 1 in and see if it can repair itself.
It sounds more like your video card isn't rendering the graphics.

you could try this
http://www.fsx.co.za/showthread.php?t=8030
hope it helps
regards
josh
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
First Officer
Chief Captain