Getting Radeon 9200 for XMas

NTL1991 Guest

I have the FS2002 and FS2004 Install disks, and I have 2002 Installed Now. I didnt wanto install FS2004 because currently I have an integrated 8MB Video Card which runs fine with FS2002, but FS2004 was all skippy. After Tonight the 9200 will be installed and I dont know if I should stick with FS2002 or go with FS2004. The scenery is ALOT better in FS2004 as I heard, and there are more aircraft. By the way, I have a Duron 900 with 256 MB RAM... I was looking for SW Aircraft, because I am a member of Southwest Virtual and there aren't lots of SW Aircraft for FS2002. Thanks, Nick

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your computer and memory are way underpowered for 2004, but if you turn some of the default settings down you should be able to run it away from airports and cities nicely.

Radar

Would FS2002 run good and can I put the Sliders to the Max?

NTL1991 Guest

Sorry i didnt put my name

I am also getting 256 MORE MB of RAM, would that help either FS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

With another 256mb ram it'll run better with that new card but your CPU is still slow.
Run 2002 maxed out, I doubt it but you will get better results with it on your machine than you will with 2004.
Shut down the unimportant ones like low clouds, water off, scenery at default, traffic as low as possible and use the latest drivers for your video card, not the old ones that they give you with the card.
Got to ATI for them.

Good luck with it and let us know how you do.

Radar

NTL1991 Guest

I just got home and installed it and it runs REALLY Good with the sliders to the Max. I also got my 8 MB More of ram that was shared too. Now to find aircraft for FS2002... I also got a USB 2.0 512 MB Sony ThumbDrive, and Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse... That that bad... Thanks Alot, Nick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 You came out pretty good today, have a good time with all that new gear!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...