3 or Monitor supporting Video Card advice?

I'm currently using a NIVIDIA GT 240 video card. It has three outputs but will only allow me to use two monitors at a time.

What model video card gives good support for three (3) monitors with FSX? I'm on Windows 7 with 16GB of Ram, etc. and have a 750w. Power Supply.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

Like RM said, triplehead2go is an option though depending on the monitors those resolutions can get pretty huge for a graphics card to support. You might look into an ATI EyeFinity setup-

http://techreport.com/articles.x/18756

Pro Member Trainee
Kumorigoe Trainee

I'm currently running 3 23" monitors from a single ATI HD5850 graphics card. There is a bit of a caveat, however. For EyeFinity to work, one of the displays must be through the DisplayPort output on the card. To achieve this, I am using a passive DisplayPort to DVI adapter, which is ideal for displays under 2560x1440 maximum resolution. For the higher resolution dislays, you need an active DP to DVI adapter.

So assuming that you have three displays capable of taking a DVI input and they aren't 30" screens, I would suggest an ATI card and a DisplayPort adapter.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...