Virtual Cockpits on add-on aircraft?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I love using my TrackIR to look around the virtual cockpit but most add on aircraft I download don't come with VC's. Can anyone suggest some really nice aircraft that have VC's please?

D.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try the Howard, if you like it you can get quite a few repaints now.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1648/howard-500ready/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Thanks RM, that's a great aircraft!

Couple of questions on it though, how the hell do you steer it and also how do you stop it flipping over when braking on a landing roll? 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You should be able to use the twist on your joystick.
You may be coming in to fast.
Landing a tail-dragger, you have to land on the main gears and slowly let her settle down on her tail, then pump the breaks ever so gently or yes they do flip.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I don't have a twist joystick for the rudder unfortunately. I can either switch off the num-lock key and use the numeric keypad for the rudder or I normally have auto-rudder set which gives me steering of aircraft with nose-wheels.

I landed quite nicely in a flare at a good speed and as soon as I applied the brakes the tail started to come up. So you're saying I should "cadence" brake (like what you'd do in a car on snow)?

Nice aircraft though!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right, as the tail settles down by itself you are going slower and pumping the breaks like you do in snow is the way to go, but not as often.
Pump 2-3-4 pump 2-3-4pump
You are landing at 65-75 kias and let it slow by itself.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Thanks!! Not so good on a short strip 😳 but will do that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I land my DC-3 on roads and fields, come in slow and low, it's like the barnstorming days. Use the full flaps as you land.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...