Airport ILS

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter an airports ILS?

Reason for asking is that I have the ISD Rome Fiumicino airport scenery but I always have to ignore ATC instructions when beginning my decent as they turn me in practically the other direction away from the airport.

Rich

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
FockWulfe Guest

Well you can edit the ILS using an airport editing software. I recommend FS Planner, by ZBlue. It is free, and you can get it off their site. Google it if you'd like.

Your problem sounds different. Usually, ATC well vector you out a good ways away. Being an addon, it might have a problem with the ILS but I suggest you try hanging in there with the ATC for a while and check over your approach to be sure.

FockWulfe Guest

Oh, on second thought, FS Planner may only be for FSX. There's a good chance there are FS2004 variants and other possibilities.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RichT wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to alter an airports ILS?

Reason for asking is that I have the ISD Rome Fiumicino airport scenery but I always have to ignore ATC instructions when beginning my decent as they turn me in practically the other direction away from the airport.

Rich

I remember having the same problem with this beautiful freeware add-on - coming from the north over the alps ATC would drive me crazy and the only way to land was by ignoring ATC completely.
There might be an update available; if not, try Lee Swordy's FS2004 AFCAD 2.21

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

That's exactly what happens to me, I always come form Heathrow or Gatwick over the Alps.

I have AFCAD 2.21 I think, but I thought this was just for allocating parking positions and taxiways etc?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I believe you can change runway settings and ILS too. Not too sure, haven't used it in a while, give it a go.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...