G'day All,--A couple of important smallies.
I always lean the fuel mixture on Prop aircraft when going into cruise & got the knack as one can hear engine response and check the rev counter.
However on Planes that have both Mixture lean Lean and Prop feather adjustments --Do we adjust the two of them as I've noticed that in some planes this function is linked/others not?
And--Do we lean mixture on jet planes and without the engine noise whats the best way to know when its right. I only ever fly Jets in the Cessna Mustang to Gulfstream range craft.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
X-Plane — recently answered
X-PlaneHow do I fly an ILS approach in X-Plane?Learn how to fly an ILS approach in X-Plane: tune the localiser, select VLOC, capture LOC and…Read answer →X-PlaneWhich A380 add-ons are available for X-Plane 11 and 12?Compare Airbus A380 add-ons for X-Plane 11 and 12, including FlightFactor, Peters Aircraft and…Read answer →X-PlaneHow do I use a follow-me car in X-Plane 12?Use a follow-me car in X-Plane 12: choose the right add-on, request the vehicle, follow it…Read answer →X-PlaneHow do you use the yaw damper in X-Plane 12 aircraft?Learn how to use the X-Plane 12 yaw damper, bind its controls, choose the right engagement…Read answer →
Trainee