Slow Flight, Please help!

Ive still new with flying and ive been reading all the ground school and all the lessons MANY times. Im at lesson # 4 i think, anyways it is called slow flight.

During this lesson Rod asks me to enter slow flight to 60 knots and after a bit he'll tell me to raise RPM to 2000 and then maintain 60 knots and fly level at 4000. Now heres my problem, i can somewhat maintain those 60 knots when i have power to 1500RPM(what he tells me to start at) but as soon as i go to 2000RPM my speed starts to slowly increase along with my altitude. What am i doing wrong, and why cant i seem to maintain what he asks of me.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I think this is one of the lessons that is bugged. FS9's lessons are completeable, ( i know, i did all of them Embarassed ) But some are a B*%$& to complete, liek that one...maybe someone here could tell you where to find a patch, cause I dont remember how i did that one

If someone could tell me if it is bugged and if so tell me where to get a patch from that would be great.

Well i did complete it, just i had to slow down reduce my angle of attack and get many many messages from rod telling me to do this and this. but im pretty sure i didnt do it right since i kept getting a lot of messages while i was correcting my speed and height.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There has been only one patch for 2004 and that was an all inclusive major one.
I don't think any patches for the lessons were in it.
If you install this, follow it step by step or it won't work, or worse.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/#download

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Does he tell you to have any stage of flap at this time ie 10 degrees? If not might be worth sticking some in to give you a bit of drag.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...