Problems Installing AFS RAF Jets package from SimShack

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I purchased this download and it won't install on FSX??? Anyone know the 'trick'?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you click the installer be sure it points (in small narrow window) to FSX not to FS9 (2004).

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I did that...still no luck???

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I probably should have created a seperate folder when I installed the flight sim...I read that this program is picky with third party add-ons...maybe that's the problem? Paying customers need to be aware of this problem.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

I just got an email from AFS and didn't understand one thing they said. I guess if I am correct you have to disable Direct X 10 trailer??? These directions were nuts no one could understand it. Why can't they make it simple??

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Also I asked for a refund for the King Air from SimShack...still waiting..when I had an online business I gave the refunds immediately if the customer wasn't happy...I hope they do or I will file a complaint with the Ohio Attorney Generals office.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Why not post the email they sent so others could try to make sense of it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Please don't take me wrong Radarman, I love aviation and flight sim. I just get really annoyed when I expect something and pay for it and it doesn't work. I think that is reasonable.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

1. For FSX download the „AFS-____-FSX.exe“ to a temporary directory of your
choice.
2. Please start the „AFS-____-FSX.exe“ and install.
3. Set in ... the main directory from FSX, when not automatic choice.
4. Than start the Flight Simulator
Please use the AFS-____-FSX.exe only for FSX
The textures are not suitable for the FS2004.

I don't understand this???

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Problem solved with the King Air: For FSX you need to install Service Pack 1 & 2 and this solved my problem...thanks Radarman for your efforts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Now that you have the 2 service packs installed you are using all of your 4 cores of your CPU.

When FSX was made and sold it didn't use anything but 1 core, by adding the 2 service packs you are now using the CPU driven FSX at it's max.
I doubt that you will have that problem with any aircraft breaking up like before.

As for the RAF, just put it into the FSX folder then double click it and see where the parts went.
Hopefully they will go to the right folders.

Let us know.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Ok...wow...this King Air is a great airplane, but I am not sure how to use the heading knob with the autopilot...I am still trying to find the manual...I'll get there..lol...thanks Radarman I will let you know how the RAF files go..I tried it earlier today and it still didn't take...I'll keep thinking.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

All Carenado aircraft are beautiful.
He makes the best GA aircraft you can get.

Take a look at these two of my favorites.

https://www.simshack.net/products/beechcraft-mentor-t34b-fsx-196

https://www.simshack.net/products/beechcraft-bonanza-v35b-fsx-prepar3d-429

If you already tried to install the RAF aircraft go to start/search all programs and files and feed in RAF, it should come up.
The just take it and put it into simobjects/airplanes.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Ok...will do...yeah I like the V elevator aircraft. Again..thafor your support and help Radarman. I will stay in touch.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...