FS Crash..

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
Something went terribly wrong with my FS. Indicated headings in instruments are not the actual headings off by more than 30 deg. The scenery is flickering and the 'always smooth flights' are getting intermitently frozen, with skipps at dense sceneries. This happened without any recent new airport, scenery, ai traffic downloads. Restarting PC does not help.

Also, to my surprice after removing FS from my PC and re-installing it from the back-up I created a while ago 'when all worked fine' the problems still persist? Bit of a mystery unless the PC it self is storing some info?
I have installed FS in 2006 and am now up to 23 GB with number of addon airports, aircraft, sceneries and AI traffic. Also am familiar with ADE and ACA creating airports, Sbuilder, AI (got almost 500 airlines flying around), Traffic tools atc atc, So am familiar with the FS logistics, bit of a hobby of mine.

I now plan to reinstall FS from the discs and copy in all the aircraft, ad-on sceneries and AI traffic plans I created from my back-up and hope it will help.

Any thoughts or advice on what might have gone wrong, or if reinstalling from discs (from the scratch) might help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks Peter

http://imagebucket.flyawaysimulation.com/images/mVBW.jpg

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Best guess, the computer fans need cleaning...too much dust.
Don't forget the video card fan too.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks Radarman,
Have cleaned the fans and also run hardware diagnostics, which showed no faults. Unfortunately it did not help, the headings were still off and scenery acting up.
But I think the issue is resolved after I de-activated the two recent add-on airports KISP and KSYR, which I recently downloaded from AVSIM. kispv1-1.zip and ksyr_2011.zip.
Actually my default flight is from KISP, and I also noted that the FS did not open at the default flight as it usually did. Instead, even after rebooting it opened at the airport where I eneded before shuting down. So all this made me think about KISP acting up and sure enough it likely was the culprit. Perhaps also since KISP was my add-on scenery #1 on top, which probably clashed with any lower sceneries on the very extensive list I have.
Additionally, after reading some forums, I have unchecked the Render to Texture box in FS Hardware Settings, which eliminated the scenery flickering. So, should be OK now without Islip and Syracuse that is.
Thanks again, any further thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Rgards Peter

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good to see you have it back again,
Enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...