Effects problems

Pro Member Trainee
Maldo860 Trainee

All of a sudden the rendering of effects in FSX are not showing correctly. For example, there is no landing wheels smoke displayed nor ground dirt dust. The smoke from stacks and engines render as black square boxes. Aircraft lights do not light up when turned on and overall effects show anomalies. I have restored my computer to way back with no results.

Had uninstalled recent add-ons with no results either. Checked my video card Geforce 560 Ti which shows no problems. This problems dates back to at least 6 months ago. Is there any way I can repair these effects without having to reinstall FSX? I have a ton of add-ons and the thought of having to go through all this work makes my neck hairs stand up. Any tips? Thanks all.

Elliot

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Mike (pusser) Trainee

I did a quick Google search and came up with this from another forum. It seems to detail your problem and could hold the answer to repairing it.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?215327-FSX-black-squares-effects

I hope it helps, or at least gives you some kind of way forward.

Pro Member Trainee
Maldo860 Trainee

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try. Will post results.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...