fsx sp2 not installing

Pro Member Trainee
ken hanson (veshagoo) Trainee

hi i reinstalled my fsx till 0430 last night..i got the info on how to uninstall and install from pmdgs website, so im sure i did it correct..i installed fsx, then installed sp1, everything great sofar, but when i went to install sp2, i keep getting this msg...microsoft flt sim x service pack 2 setup ended before complete installation.....and so on...i would really apprecate any help...i have windows 7 64 bit i think it is a 4 quad, im not all that up on computer lingo..i had sp2 installed on my previous fsx program..rgds ken hanson

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Scroll down and see if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/SP2-EN-ReadMe.aspx

I bought The Acceleration Pack, it contains SP1 and SP2 and found that to be the cleanest way to get the two patches installed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

thanks for your reply. appreciate it...i have windows 7, 64 bit. do you know which procedure i would follow... windows xp or vista?..i think that is the problem , the sp2 patch is for vista or xp not windows 7. one more thing a fellow mentioned after i downloaded the sp2, he said to right click on it and run as administrator, but there is no option to run as administrator. thanks for help....

Pro Member Trainee

SUCCESS..finally...i used internet explorer to download not google. and it worked......good to hear from you it has been a while, best rgds ken hanson take care you helped me alot when i first started about 6 years ago...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Success!
Glad to hear that all is working.
Yes you've been around before.
and it's been a while.

Radar

🙂 DEFINITELY - you must perform a clean install and THEN FLY 1 flight before exit(*to set a program flag that the system worked). THEN, you install SP1 and THEN FLY 1 flight (*again, to set a program flag that the system worked and is updated). Then, you should be able to install SP2.

I did NOT ADD ANY ADD-ONS until SP2 was completed. Hope this helps - it drove me bonkers for a bit.

Hi there

I'm trying to download SP2 but get the same message as the previous person, what shall I do?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...