dornier do-x is done

Pro Member Trainee
maddoc Trainee

i just posted my version of the dornier do-x flying boat. it wasn't a great airplane, but it was a fantastic concept in its day. few were built and none still exist. it stirred enough interest that several countries issued stamps with its image on them. with twelve engines it was still grossly underpowered, but they flew them all over the world.

the zip file is large because there is a lot of detailed textures. look for the clock. i actually built that clock in my woodshop after designing it with fsds.

i learned about nighttime textures and emissive materials and display conditions, as well as making planes land on water. i haven't seen the sticky water problem though. taking off and landing on water is kind of neat!

enjoy folks....doc

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...