Vickers Viscount landing

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Hello, I purchased the Viscount and WOW what a cool plane, but how do you line it up to the runway and how do you land this plane? It is very difficult to land...otherwise what a joy it is to fly!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
ExWOP Guest

I was interested to read of the Viscount problem. I am only an amateur simpilot but my claim to fame as an oldie is that I have flown in several Viscounts and it was a great experience. I have never had any problem with lining up on the runway for take-off BUT I find that the aircraft is somewhat 'slippery' to land. Chatting to a friend who has a PPL he said that some aircraft are like that. In other words, they are difficult to slow down. Therefore approaches should be started enough miles out to achieve circuit speed in good time. A straight approach is easiest but not always possible. Try to keep on the numbers on approach and, as they say, practice makes perfect.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainK49 Trainee

Thanks I appreciate the input! Yes you want to line up perfect on the approach if possible and do not be too high in altitude because this plane is very slippery, but a gas to take off and fly..thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...