Running FSX and add ons/charts on seperate computers

Pro Member Trainee
fullerton1992 Trainee

As the topic title suggests i am curious as to how all other users out there seperate their FSX setups, i currently have the following;

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended/A320-21
REX4
Active Sky
GEX
various UK2000 airports
GSX
PFPX
EFB
*with mods from kostas's guide.
aswell as some saiteck hardware with;
FSUIPC (registered)

and want to know how to get the maximum performance out of it all.

Ive been watching tutorials online and it seems that some users set their computers up so that one is running just FSX and their second computer is running the rest.

My question is HOW is this done? Yes over a local network, but im unsure of how one would even go about starting and how to get applications to communicate with each other on seperate PC's...

I currently have a fairly well performing PC but am buying a new custom one soon, possibly an Alienware (if reccomended), devoted solely to FSX.

Once i get this computer i will be (with the advice from all of you) uninstalling everything and starting afresh. Hoping to gain the maximum performance out of my FSX.
For example i have already read somewhere that FSX should not be setup/installed into its standard install spot but onto a seperate partition...or something like that?

Bassically my aim for this thread is to get everybodies information together and hopefully create a step by step, start up guide for those wanting to start from scratch (including myself)

Ive done some search and surf on this and other forums but cannot find any such guide (if i have missed it, please link and i will bury my head somewhere).

So folks, SHOOT, what is everybodies setup and advice on where to put what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Max
---

If anybody is interested, my new setup will hopefully consist of the following (as advised by the very helpful folks on here)

i7 proccessor/ OC@+4 Ghz
8+GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 780
500GB SSD @ 7200rpm (For FSX files)
1TB SSD (for excess files)
(Relevent sized) corsair modular PSU
and of course,
water cooling
Extra fans where required
and a nice air flow case

Thanks again

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
fullerton1992 Trainee

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended/A320-21
REX4
Active Sky
GEX
various UK2000 airports
GSX
PFPX
EFB
*with mods from kostas's guide.
aswell as some saiteck hardware with;
FSUIPC (registered)

Oh and FS2Crew

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...