Add-ons not appearing in the aircraft inventory

Pro Member Trainee
Dal007 Trainee

Good afternoon to all.
I know people have already asked questions about add-ons and the replies keep saying "Read the first post"...etc....
I have been using Microsoft FSX for a few years now and am aware of how to add new planes and helicopters and have done so successfully up tp this point.
I downloaded some new additions for myself from this site on Sunday and have ben trying for days to get the add-ons installed!
I have managed to get 1 or 2 installed but the others are all going where they need to go but are not showing up on my inventory. I have the box ticked to show all variations and I have lost track how many times I have re-started my PC in order to allow the add-ons to rest and be detected.
I have tried using the FSX Addit program too.....that accepts the folders and says it has installed them...but they still do not appear in my inventory. I have looked under freeflight, missions and all the other flying options.
I am slowly running out of ideas and patience too.
Among the downloads from Sunday I got  some jet versions F14, F15 & F18 packs....this says it needs "Acceleration" to operate??? I have tried seacrhing for an Acceleration pack but cannot find a standalone pack by the same name? How do I run the add-ons for the jets? Do I need to dowenload something else to go with FSX?
Also I have downloaded the Lancaster/Spitfire & Hurricane pack...that too will not be recognised either.
(Along with the 75th anniversary Lancaster/Dambuster pack).

Everything else is working just fine so am stumped as to what could be amiss with these certain add-ons.

Any help or direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance. (A very frustrated amateur pilot)

Darren

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Acceleration  contains SP1 and SP2 patches.
You can load them yourself but many have had problems doing it that way.
I bought the Acceleration Pack ($29.95) when it came out, see if you can find one on Amazon or eBay.
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Acceleration-Expansion-PC/dp/B000U96L54

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dal007 Trainee

Thanks for that.
I have already installed SP1 & SP2 for FSX.
Should that mean that the games requiring Acceleration pack should work ok or do I still need to buy the standalone Acceleration pack?
Sorry for al the questions.....
Technology is great when it does what it is supposed to do!....and when it doesn't......the head-scratching begins!!!

Regards
Darren

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you have installed SP1 and SP2 then the Acceleration Pack is not necessary.
All downloads that require it should work.
All it would add would be new aircraft, scenery etc.

Radar 

Pro Member Trainee
Dal007 Trainee

Thanks again for the clarification Mr Radarman.

I shall have to try and give it another go.

I am usually systematic with all things like this but added a few at a time instead of one at a time.

I shall be more precise this time and add one add on at a time and check to see if it appears and work with that methinks.

Thanks again.

I shall let you know how I get on.

Regards

Darren

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...