Color problem

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

When I launch FSX my Windows 7 rolls back to its basic color scheme, so the scenery looks so bad, colors are patchy. My video card is ATI 7970 3 GB, which I don't think is the cause of the problem. When I shut off FSX W7 reverts back to the normal color scheme. I can't figure out why, I can't live with the sim in patchy colors, totally unacceptable. Anyone has the same problem? Any fix? Many thanks.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go into your video cards setting (not in the Sim) and set everything at default.
Try it then and see how it is.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Unfortunately it made no difference, after I reset the video card to the factory setting. I hope someone can shed some light on this issue, because I really dont know what to do about it. Thanks....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Clean out the old driver and control panel and load the latest one for your card.
See if that helps, it's a very good card.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Problem fixed, just install this freeware!

http://www.flightsim.ee/freeware/fsx-scheme-fix

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Great find.
Glad you have it working now, thanks for the link.
It'll help others.

Radar.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...