SearchSearch 

Altimeter goes mad near Richmond (KRIC) - FS2004

Astfgl Guest

Hi all. Can anybody do me a favour and fly any plane from KAVC to KPTB? Did you experience weird altimeter readings and significant overspeed?

5 Responses

Astfgl Guest

More than 20 views so far, can somebody try to fly this route please so I know whether there is a bug in FS9 or something wrong with my installation only? Come on, it's a 70 km journey, not a big hassle...

I am experiencing the same thing, from KRDU to KEWR. It's been happening for almost a week. Always near Ricmond, Va. I am using real weather'

It's happening within 35-36 dme's of richmond,va. It clears up outside of 35 miles to or from the richmond vor.. It has to be a jeppsen weather error. I'm relieved to hear that someone else is having the same problem. I have flown this route many times without problems, as KRDU is my base.

Astfgl Guest

Thank you, good to know this is a common error and I don't have to look for faults in my installation files / add-ons.
I found a safe route around, just keep yourself outside the shape drawn by connecting these points (here starting from the east of Richmond and going anticlockwise):

SAWED --> HUBBS --> PAUKI --> SHEPS --> KCXE --> MAZON --> SAWED

I usally fly gps direct to all destinations from KRDU. I'll probaly wait for jeppsen to clear their weather base before flying that route again. Probaly, there are 2 weather conditons loading in this area that is causing this anomaly. fs2004 is an awesome program. I too have many addons that include scenery and aircraft. I am a real world pilot. I'll just fly my Delta md88 to the south or on the west coast while I'm waiting. Glad that I could clear your concern. Hope they fix it soon!