Altimeter goes mad near Richmond (KRIC) - FS2004

Astfgl Guest

Hi all. Can anybody do me a favour and fly any plane from KAVC to KPTB? Did you experience weird altimeter readings and significant overspeed?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Astfgl Guest

More than 20 views so far, can somebody try to fly this route please so I know whether there is a bug in FS9 or something wrong with my installation only? Come on, it's a 70 km journey, not a big hassle...

I am experiencing the same thing, from KRDU to KEWR. It's been happening for almost a week. Always near Ricmond, Va. I am using real weather'

It's happening within 35-36 dme's of richmond,va. It clears up outside of 35 miles to or from the richmond vor.. It has to be a jeppsen weather error. I'm relieved to hear that someone else is having the same problem. I have flown this route many times without problems, as KRDU is my base.

Astfgl Guest

Thank you, good to know this is a common error and I don't have to look for faults in my installation files / add-ons.
I found a safe route around, just keep yourself outside the shape drawn by connecting these points (here starting from the east of Richmond and going anticlockwise):

SAWED --> HUBBS --> PAUKI --> SHEPS --> KCXE --> MAZON --> SAWED

I usally fly gps direct to all destinations from KRDU. I'll probaly wait for jeppsen to clear their weather base before flying that route again. Probaly, there are 2 weather conditons loading in this area that is causing this anomaly. fs2004 is an awesome program. I too have many addons that include scenery and aircraft. I am a real world pilot. I'll just fly my Delta md88 to the south or on the west coast while I'm waiting. Glad that I could clear your concern. Hope they fix it soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...