New to FSX- OOM Error

CDArbaugh Guest

Hi everyone. I am new to FSX and have continued to get the OOM error. I have no add-ons and have reduced my sliders. I am currently at work so I do not have my specs handy. I know I have a 3.5 Ghz processor, 8Gb of RAM and a Radeon R9 graphics card.

Any suggestions?

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
CDArbaugh Guest

I will try this as soon as I get in tonight. Thanks in advance Radar!

Hope you guys don't get annoyed with me as I grow and learn. I am very excited to figure things out. I am taking it slow and have only flown the stock Cessna 172 and the Beechcraft Baron.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Let us know how you do and you are taking it the right way.
Slow and easy to start with.

Radar

CDArbaugh Guest

So, I tried the Microsoft "Fix It" download, but its says , "This Microsoft Fix It does not apply to your operating system or application version".

Any other suggestions?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
CDArbaugh Guest

Sorry. I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor 3.5 GHz
8.00 GB RAM

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
CDArbaugh Guest

Thanks Radar! I flew some last night and had no shut down issues. I did experience a few issues during one of the flights to where the outside would change colors, causing you to not see anything. Or large pixels popping up everywhere. Made landing very difficult. I had changed the settings to the lowest points mid flight to see if it would help, with no luck.

Hopefully I am working slowly towards getting it lined out.

CDArbaugh Guest

After looking into the issue I just mentioned (based on screenshots I've seen), it looks like I was experiencing screen tearing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CDArbaugh wrote:

After looking into the issue I just mentioned (based on screenshots I've seen), it looks like I was experiencing screen tearing.

See if this helps with that problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...