Slow Computer

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

My computer has been working slow. Would this help quicken the pace?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1074787987929&skuId=6308131&type=product

It's a 512MB memory stick.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It has to be the exact same speed memory that you have now or you will run into problems.
Yes it will help, your textures will render faster and more can be done with the computer, you can never have too much memory.

www.crucial.com.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

That's just the problem I'm having, Radarman, the textures take forever to load. I'm going to get the 512MB.

BTW- Did you see the 1GB card?!?!? Who would need that much memory? lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I forgot to say.....

Does downloading planes slow up the computer?

I also forgot to say.....

Won't it be nice when I get my memory stick and my Saitek Flight Stick & Throttle? Then my computer will be the best 😀 😂 😉 Yes 👍 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Me, I'd love to have 2 gig of ram but I would have to dump all that I have now to get it.
The more aircraft that you have in your folder the longer it takes to load the sim (mine takes a long time) but it doesn't have any effect on the sim itself just the loading time.

With all the new parts that you are getting you're going to have one beautiful setup.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Vin4evr First Officer

I upgraded my comp from AMd 64 1.74ghz, 512mb ram, 64mb video card to p4 3.2 Ghz, 1Gig ram, 256 mb video memmory. Let me tell you, its awesome ! smooth as a smoothie.....

Sometiemes ram itself doesn't do any good if your processor can't keep up and the bus speed is low.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...