FSP not operating properly in Windows 10

MichaelB Guest

I removed all the non supplied FS9 aircraft to another folder and with the no cd file in place the programme loaded - almost normally. I then re-loaded the aircraft with no problem. However, I am unable to trace the FS9.cfg file using all the links provided so far on various web sites. When the programme loads I have the aircraft panel but although all the sounds are there the gauges do not move and the aircraft does not move. Likewise the S key does not change the viewing mode BUT the sound changes to suit the mode e.g. from side view etc. Also even with numlock in place I get no changes.

One noticeable thing is that when I press the S key the panel stays where it is but the aircraft top is just visible over the top of the panel. I feel I need to check the video card but how I do that I do not know. I am making progress but after about 27 hours at it I should hope so.

Can anybody show me how to find the FS9.cfg file with Windows 10? Or whatever. Am away for about 15 days so will pick up where I left off after my return.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Look here C:\Users\YOUR NAME\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9.

It's a hidden file on W10 like in XP.

Be sure you are searching using the "show hidden files" option.

Radar

i have win 10 and i have just installed all 4 cds for fsx 2004. even though i have cd - 4 in the driver when i double click the icon a window appears saying......access denied please login with administrator privileges and try again.
have i done anything wrong? what should i do in order to run the game. thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try right click on the icon and choose play under widows 7.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...