Following a Flight Plan

Pro Member Trainee
1up2down Trainee

Is there any way to get an aircraft in FSX to follow a flight plan after take off without having to go to the instrument panel to switch the NAV/GPS to GPS.

I ask this because I want to be able to record flights from take off to landing in a spot plane view without the video being spoilt by the appearance of the instrument panel.

Setting the NAV/GPS to GPS before take off only results in the aircraft veering off the runway in an attempt to follow the flight plan the moment it starts moving.

Even if I struggle to keep it on the runway, the moment the aircrafts wheels leave the ground, it banks over sharply to follow the flight plan and its wing tip hits the ground.

The strange thing is that I do not have this problem with FS2004. In that sim I can go to the instrument panel to switch the NAV/GPS to GPS and it does not show it on the video.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Maybe in Controls, keymap a keyboard key to switch between modes? If it exists?

Pro Member Trainee
1up2down Trainee

No there is no key assigment for the NAV/GPS. As for switching between modes, I can only presume you mean switching from spot plane view to instrument panel. That I can already do but what I am trying to avoid doing.
What I need to do is find another way to either toggle the NAV/GPS switch or get the aircraft to follow the flight plan.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...