Is this the Northern Lights?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I found these over the atlantic, as i was over Iceland i *think*

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
crosscheck9 Guest

i think they are, you might have to check with the others, but i made a google search, and so thats where i got my reasoning. lol, always trust google.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I have seen the same thing over Alaska and Canada. Isn't it like the Auroa Belesaris or something like that?

Guest Ed Guest

Yeah, that's it! I've seen it flying around Iceland, and around Alaska as well.

Besides seeing the Aurora in flight sim, my wife and I saw it in real life one time during a flight from Anchorage to Seattle during January. I'd have to say that the sim version compares very favorably to the real thing. Only difference I remember is that in the sim it's mostly green and gold colors, but the real thing had a lot of red in it, like red satin draperies blowing in the wind. Very cool to watch.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
PierreL Trainee

Looks like FlightSim has another goody with this.
Check for other pictures of Aurora Borealis at

http://www.ptialaska.net/~hutch/aurora.html

and for a video

There are several videos on this site.
HTH
Pierre

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Yeah, that's the northern lights, not totally unrealistic. See them a lot looking over Lake Ontario towards Canada. Sometimes it looks like rows of ribbon candy, sometimes blotches of colors, green, whitish, orange, you name it. One time I saw it, it was spiraling strands of pale green all converging on a central area (a vortex?) I thought i was watching some kind of rip in the space time continuom(sp) on a Star Trek episode.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...