No serial number

Pro Member Trainee
Chesh74uk Trainee

Hi,

Purchased XPlane C208 from Simshack, however no serial number provided, the account page just says "pin_not_available".

Have raised several tickets all without any form of response.

Does anyone know how to resolve?

I have to say I will no. longer be using Simshack after this experience.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, errors happen.

Contact
ryan.barclay@flyawaysimulation.com

Or wait for Flyaway to see this post today.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Chesh74uk Trainee

Already contacted Flyaway, they just raised another support ticket.

Carenado also tried to contact Simshack as they said it is the retailer who need to provide the serial.

This is becoming very frustrating....

I'm aware things take time, but to not even acknowledge is poor.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Hi there,

Please expect a response from the Support Ticket System tomorrow - I have forwarded this to Simon who will take care of it. We have been upgrading our system recently and some of the tickets appear "stuck".

Unfortunately, the email address for Ryan Barclay (the one RadarMan supplied) won't be able to help as it all has to be done through the Support Ticket System.

Pro Member Trainee
Chesh74uk Trainee

Ok, thanks.

But if you knew the support system was stuck, why did Flyaway previously respond by just submitting another ticket earlier today?

I'll try and wait patiently, thanks for the rapid response.

Fingers crossed.

Pro Member Trainee
Chesh74uk Trainee

Seems to be sorted now, real shame I had to moan on a (paid) forum to get a response, I've never had to do that before.

Can't fault the response since I did though and thanks.

If you had simply said there is a weeks delay in responding I wouldn't have had a problem, it's the total lack of response to emails, support tickets and tweets that was annoying.

Pro Member Site Admin

I have escalated this to Simon who has confirmed that he had now provided the serial number along with a full refund of the order.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused - the serial number issue was an error on our part.

Pro Member Site Admin

There is not usually a delay in responding - we get back to customers within 24 hours but we have recently upgraded our support system and some of the tickets were not showing after the upgrade. We seem to have fixed this now so going forward should not be an issue.

Sorry for this situation.

Pro Member Trainee
Chesh74uk Trainee

Thanks, I often say its not what's gone wrong thats the problem it's how you fix it.

A very kind gesture of goodwill.

Pro Member Site Admin

Thank you for the kind words given the situation. I hope you consider using SimShack again.

Many thanks.

Pro Member Trainee
gfrankson Trainee

I purchased this plane from SimShack October 2020.  Have never been given an Serial Number and have been unable to use the plane.  I have sent numerous support Tickets and have yet to have this resolved.  Contacted Caranado but they say it needs to be taken care of by SimShack.  Order number was #68860.  I believe that 2.5 years should have been sufficient time to resolve this but nothing at this point.....  really dissappointed with no response.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...