Lack of gauges

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

I have recently downloaded the Alphasim thunderchief, After placing the aircraft folder in "sim objects/airplanes, effects folder in the main fsx effects , and the gauges folder in the fsx main gauges, I get no instruments either in 2D or VC cockpit??? This is not the first A/C I have this problem with. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks in anticipation Wilfrano. 🙄

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put the contents of the gauge folder into the main gauge folder not the folder itself.
If you want to be double sure put another gauge folder (from your download) into the sim objects/airplanes too.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

Hi Radarman, thanks, got more gauges now, although still some blanks. You idea, also seems to work for "effects" as well?? Appreciate your help. Wilfrano. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

At least you have a little more.
Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Wilfrano,

Did you download the Thunderchief from us?

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

I sure did, and now I have most of the gauges required to fly. I think what is still missing are MFD's or maybe radar. Thanks Will.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Great to hear you have made some progress. Do you have the link to the Thunderchief you downloaded here? I'll check it out.

What final gauges are you missing - radar and MFD?

Pro Member Trainee
wilfrano Trainee

I downloaded f105d.zip Then tc_gauges.zip, this file gave me two more gauges. I have no altimeter, and the large central panel is blank. I think it may be radar??

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...