Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Installing Fly Away Addon Aircraft

sunnyjim41
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm 

Would one of you please walk me through downloading and installing additional aircraft from this site that say they are compatible with X-Plane 11? I have downloaded them, unzipped them, put them in the program's aircraft folder, but the program does not see them when I look at my aircraft choices. Following the advice I found on this site I even downloaded Addit Pro to help with this process, but I think it is designed for the Microsoft simulator program. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:14 pm 

sunnyjim41
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 pm 

Thanks for the link. I did it the way he suggested but the X-11 program still does not see those planes even though they are in the Extra Aircraft folder.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:37 pm 

Create a new folder in your X-Plane 11\Aircraft folder. Name it Additional Aircraft. Then just put the base aircraft folder in there for each aircraft.

You need to select the Show aircraft from previous versions tickbox.

Radar

sunnyjim41
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm 

Hi. I did that but it still doesn't show those planes. Here is the folder I am putting in the X-11 folder for example: Tu204-300 ... it contains all the files such as cockpit, airfoils, objects, sounds, etc. The only other folder that I could have put there is _MACOSX (it doesn't show much in it).
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:07 am 

Start loading that aircraft again, delete what you have now and follow this post.

http://questions.x-plane.com/6956/how-can-i-add-a-new-aircraft-in-x-plane-11

Radar