Installing Fly Away Addon Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
sunnyjim41 Trainee

Would one of you please walk me through downloading and installing additional aircraft from this site that say they are compatible with X-Plane 11? I have downloaded them, unzipped them, put them in the program's aircraft folder, but the program does not see them when I look at my aircraft choices. Following the advice I found on this site I even downloaded Addit Pro to help with this process, but I think it is designed for the Microsoft simulator program. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sunnyjim41 Trainee

Thanks for the link. I did it the way he suggested but the X-11 program still does not see those planes even though they are in the Extra Aircraft folder.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Create a new folder in your X-Plane 11\Aircraft folder. Name it Additional Aircraft. Then just put the base aircraft folder in there for each aircraft.

You need to select the Show aircraft from previous versions tickbox.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sunnyjim41 Trainee

Hi. I did that but it still doesn't show those planes. Here is the folder I am putting in the X-11 folder for example: Tu204-300 ... it contains all the files such as cockpit, airfoils, objects, sounds, etc. The only other folder that I could have put there is _MACOSX (it doesn't show much in it).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Start loading that aircraft again, delete what you have now and follow this post.

http://questions.x-plane.com/6956/how-can-i-add-a-new-aircraft-in-x-plane-11

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...