Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Ai carriers and RFN gauge

wilfrano
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 pm 

Hi. New computer with windows 10. FSX steam edition working fine. Install of all add on downloaded aircraft OK. Problem: cannot get AI carriers, or RFN gauge to install . Both these programs, I have had installed on my old computer with windows 7 and FSX Acceleration, and they are working fine
I have tried to follow the same proceedures to install them on my steam version and got nowhere. Obviously I am doing something wrong!! and although I have read the items in this forum on the problem, I have not had any success trying to follow the advice.
Can someone give me an "idiots guide" to help me with this problem?? Thanks Will. Confused
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 pm 

For SE you need the latest version of AICairriers.NET, not the older, originally written, AiCarriers.exe.
NET Framework v4, is needed also.
Just place them in the conf.d folder in the AICarriers main folder.

Found all of this elsewhere, I think it will solve problems.

Radar

wilfrano
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:03 pm 

Hi Radarman, thanks for your reply. Where did you download A I carriers.net from, I don't see it in flyaway simulation?
Any thoughts on the RFN gauge? I have transferred all my carrier capable aircraft from my old computer, so they all have the modified panel cnfg for the RFN gauge. but it does not even appear under "views, instrument panel" Thanks for your time. Will. Confused
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

Here is AICarriers.net.

https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases

RFN Gauge, install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhFUB52ncE

I hope these both work out for you.

Radar

wilfrano
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm 

Hi Radarman, once again thank you for your swift replies. Still no luck with either AI carriers or RFN gauge, in steam. With the RFN gauge in some aircraft it appears in "views, instrument panel " as TACAN, as it should, but when selected, sometimes it flashes momentarily, then disappears, and in another instance, when selected, a black square appears, where the gauge should be.
AI carriers, I get nothing at all?? Any more ideas would be appreciated, otherwise I guess I'm going to have to be satisfied staying with my windows 7, and FSX acceleration, that all works fine
Thanks again Will. Embarassed
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:35 pm 

The AICarriers.NET. download seems to be the favorite among most of the posters that I read, they were happy to get rid of Java.

All can think of is to go to the forum at Steam, the problem there is 3 page posts.

This seems to be the latest, good reviews and we carry add-ons. Free ones and payware.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4942/

Radar