Abacus Crop Dusting Missions Tutorial bug

Agent Orange Guest

In the Abacus Crop Dusting Missions tutorial, what do you need to do to ensure you trigger the pointers at the beginning and end of each pass? Because I've tried to complete that mission several times, and each time I fly right through the pointer that says "Field" (and at 50 feet AGL or less just like the man says), but every time except once, nothing happened at all! What's going on here, and how can I actually make it work right?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

Abacus is not known for it's perfection as a few members have posted.

Radar

Agent Orange Guest

It doesn't, but I think I got it -- after looking through the mission HTM file, I realized I must've been flying TOO low (some of those markers are raised 50 feet AGL, possibly to help the pilot avoid tall trees, and I must've been flying UNDER them!) Anyway, I tried flying no lower than the stated altitude of each marker (regardless of what the radar altimeter says) and didn't have any problems anymore with markers failing to trigger (although I did crash into a tree on this flight!)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear you worked it out, good thinking.

We have 270 free missions here...enjoy!

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/search/?q=fsx+missions&cat=

Radar

Agent Orange Guest

Thanks, I already got several of these!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...