Wilco Fleet : CRJ 2004?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I know that you have this addon, GPS-kid, but as a general question: have any of you had the opportunity to try this aircraft, and if so, how well is it modeled? A helpful comparison would be to the PMDG 737 or flight1's Dash-8, but any comments are helpful.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

It's funny that you ask that because the flight model is probably one of the best aspects of Wilco CRJ 2004 - it really is fab to hand fly and one of those planes where you hold off plugging the AP in until way into the climb!

I would rate the flight model as better than 737NG and on a par with the realism that you feel with Captain Sim 727 (although a totally different type of plane).

I would say about the CRJ sim, the same as REAL CRJ pilot's have said - it's an airliner that feels more like a fighter jet ! Real nimble, light, and well weignted.

Hopefully other CRJ owners will reply so you get some other views.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Thank you GPS-kid, I knew you'd come through, and I really do respect your judgement when it comes to planes.

Actually, instead of buying the CRJ though, I bought Feel-There's ERJ-145! I'll post a more detailed review in the forum after I give it a good excercize. Since they had such a good start with the smaller jets (with the CRJ package), I figured that they can only get better! It's exciting, because this is the first time I think i'm actually flying a plane that has only been released within the past week!

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Grunge,

Cool ! You can help me as I bought it too (ERJ 145) and the HEADING mode within the AP seems to be failing for me.

I checked out the FeelThere forum but it wasn't much help - they seem to be saying that the ERJ is the most Joystick sensitive plane ever made for FS and the problems are due to "Joystick Noise" - they're suggesting increasing the NULL ZONES in the Joystick settings..... have you had to do this ?

If you've any idea what's causing this it would be cool ! It's such a great looking plane and panel !

[comment added to posting : Increasing Joystick Sensitivities NULL ZONES solves all of the aobve issues on tis great add-on].

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...