Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Prepar3D - Possible to change the Aircraft in a Mission?

Pro Member Trainee
CSARmedic Trainee

Hello,
I just acquired Prepar3D and enjoy flying imported missions with my favorite aircraft, Maryadi's CV-22. Is there a workaround in Prepar3D where I can, essentially, modify a mission with a different airfract than the one it was designed for?
Thank you in advance,
John Schiller

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

Tick the box on the main Missions page that says "Allow Changes in Missions ..." before you load the mission. After you do that, the Select Aircraft ... menu item will be visible inside the mission and you can switch aircraft before taking off. The caveat: You won't earn a Reward even if you successfully complete the mission

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningCenter/getting_started/missions/all_about_missions.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CSARmedic Trainee

I'm sorry, but I don't see the option to change aircraft anywhere in v4.5.13 which I am using. Is there any other way to use custom aircraft in a scenerio?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Three choices if they apply.
First.
Look for the check box under the list of missions. If you check this, it will enable changes in missions. When you are in the mission, you should be able to select another aircraft.

Second.
click on "Enable changes in Selected Mission (no rewards given)" on the mission selection screen if you don't mind not receiving any rewards. Clicking "Enable changes..." will allow you to select a different aircraft once the mission has loaded.

Third.
You could edit the .FLT file in the mission folder to specify your EC135. Search the .FLT file for this string: sim.0This is where the name of the aircraft that the mission is designed for is specified. Get the correct name of the aircraft from the aircraft.cfg file of your EC135 to use a specific livery.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
CSARmedic Trainee

Great. Thank you very much. Will try it.