Uncontrolled Direction of T/O

F-15 Mechanic Guest

I am having a problem taking off in X-Plane11.  As soon as I push the throttle up for take off the Cesna 172 goes to the LEFT even with FULL RIGHT RUDDER!  I have gone through the setup section several times, and appear to have downloaded undated drivers.          

I am running Windows 10 on a PC.  I am using a Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-factor

So X-plane is behaving like  areal plane.The way to combat it is to come in with power slowly and not pull back on the yoke as you start the ground roll in a tricycle gear plane (tail draggers need up elevator to keep tail wheel on the ground) to help steering. Full power from a stand still (as can be used in short field takeoffs) causes a very sharp turn to the left. By applying throttle slowly you gain airspeed this helps the rudder become more efficient by the time you reach full power, so the effect is greatly decreased.Get used to always adding right rudder in the beginning of the ground roll. 

Radar

F15 Mechanic Guest

I have been inputting full right rudder before I push up the power but no good results.
I will give your suggestion a try.
Thank You

Pro Member Trainee
Ian (MyNameisIan) Trainee

It was only yesterday (20/3/2020) that I posted the same question on the FSW page and then answered my own question the very same hour.
I found that adjusting 3 settings (P factor, Torque and giro) solved my issue. I was able to alter things so that there was just enough left pull on take off to feel realistic but none once I was in the air and flying s&l.

I hope this helps someway to solving what I know is an incredibly frustrating situation to be in.

Best wishes and keep flying S&L,

Ian.

F15 Mechanic Guest

Radar Man - I tried what you suggested and was able to control the aircraft on the ground with the pedals but not too smothly.  However, I ws able to get off the ground AND return for a landing, BUT it was not pretty.  

So tomorrow I will be trying what MyNameisian has suggested.

I want to thank you both for the info you have given me!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lets hope that it works better tomorrow.
Let us know.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ian (MyNameisIan) Trainee

Good luck F15 Mechanic, if you don't have any luck please come back and I am sure that between the members here we can come up with the solution for you.
Happy flying,

Ian.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...