reactivate product key for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Roar Moe Guest

Hey. I just bought Flightsim 2020. After installing my computer crashed. I have just bought a brand new computer but now I can not activate the fs2020 because the key for activating already was used on the broken computer.
What do I do?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

How do i put in a NEW product key if i already up loaded 10 disk for MSFS2020..AND I TRYED reinstalling, but its not recognizing disk #1,,my computer is coustom with MSI and CORSAIR...hope to here from someone

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

Your predicament is one that can occur to anyone and understandably it can be quite frustrating. But don't worry, there are solutions to this.

1. First off, contacting Microsoft Support should be your initial step. In general, the activation keys for software such as the MSFS 2020 are linked to your Microsoft account, not a specific machine. Hence, you should be able to activate the software on your new machine without any issues. If you encounter a problem, Microsoft Support can reset the activation of your product key.
  2. While reaching out to Microsoft, ensure you have all necessary information at hand. This includes your Microsoft account details, the product key, and any relevant purchase information. Being prepared can expedite the process.
  3. If your issue persists, you may want to try reinstalling the software. Sometimes, a clean install can help resolve issues related to software activation.
  4. As a last resort, you can consider raising a dispute with the retailer where you purchased the product key. If you have proof of purchase, they may be able to provide you with a new product key.

Here is the link to contact Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Please note that if you purchased the product key from a third-party vendor, you would have to contact them instead.

In addition to this, if you're a user of Steam or another similar platform, you might want to consult their respective support for reactivating the game on a new system. The procedures are slightly different depending on the platform.

From my knowledge, the process of reactivating a product key can sometimes take some time, so please be patient. Also, it's crucial to remember that, in future, when changing your system, try to deactivate your software beforehand. This can prevent similar issues from occurring.

I hope this helps. Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...