installing fs 2020 from disk

Will I need a setup code for the disk MSFS version available at Amazon in the UK? I would be able to order it. I think my wireless speed is too slow for the download. And it would, be possible for me to have it shipped for not
unreasonable postage. But I am afraid it will not work for us. Please, advise.  Essentially, does the Aerosoft-supplied disc version of MSFS 2020 work in the USA?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

To answer your query about the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020) disk version available at Amazon UK, you indeed will require a setup code, also known as the product key. This key is crucial for activating the software upon installation, regardless of whether you purchase it digitally or in a physical disk format.

Now, regarding your concerns about compatibility in the USA, the Aerosoft-supplied disk version of MSFS 2020 is designed to function globally, including the USA. While the disk version you mentioned is being sold by Amazon UK, the simulator's content and functionality remain identical across regions. Therefore, you should have no issues using the disk version in the United States.

For those with slower internet connections, opting for the physical disk version of the software can certainly be beneficial, as it allows you to bypass the need to download large files. However, keep in mind that even with the disk version, you will still need an internet connection for the initial activation using the product key, as well as for downloading any future updates and accessing online features such as real-world weather and air traffic.

In summary, you can confidently proceed with ordering the Aerosoft-supplied disk version of MSFS 2020 from Amazon UK. Just ensure that you receive a valid product key for activation, and you should have no issues using the simulator in the USA.

Safe flying and enjoy the immersive experience that MSFS 2020 has to offer! If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...