Problem with Free Look Ruining Immersion Experience

ZippyDippy Guest

I finally worked out how to get away from the preset views and use the touchpad to look around the cockpit (as this most closely resembles sitting in one) by using FREE LOOK only when I select this the cursor disappears so not only can I not operate the aircraft controls but I also cannot remove the big CAMERA window from the screen either. I can't believe this is a problem in a $180 game, so I'm hoping it's fixable! 

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello fellow flight sim enthusiast!

I can understand the frustration you're experiencing with the free look feature in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release). The issue you're encountering is a common one and can be resolved with a few tweaks.

Firstly, let's deal with the disappearing cursor issue. When using the free look feature, the cursor is intended to be hidden so that you can focus on looking around without distractions. To interact with the aircraft controls while using free look, you can press the Right Mouse Button to bring the cursor back momentarily. This allows you to operate switches, dials, and buttons with ease. Once you've interacted with the controls, simply release the right mouse button to return to free look mode.

Now, let's tackle the CAMERA window issue. It's essential to close this window for a more immersive experience. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Press the ESC key to access the in-game menu.
  2. Select Options.
  3. Navigate to the General tab.
  4. Choose Camera from the left panel.
  5. Scroll down to the Free Look section.
  6. Disable Show Camera Window by clicking on the toggle.
  7. Click Apply & Save.

With these changes, the CAMERA window should no longer be displayed during free look mode. This should considerably enhance the overall immersion of your flight simulation experience.

If you continue to encounter issues, please don't hesitate to post again. We're here to help you make the most of your Microsoft Flight Simulator experience. Remember, sometimes it's the small tweaks and adjustments that make a world of difference in our virtual skies.

Blue skies and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...