PMDG trim problem

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

Hi.

When using the PMDG 737 NG, I experience a problem with trimming the aircraft. When I try to apply elevator trim, a I hear a clicking sound and the trim is reset. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

You probably have an autopilot function on? Like ALT HOLD perhaps? The clicking sound is the trim being moved and no one else can move it except you or the AP 🙂

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I have the AP off.

It's kind of weird, because I can't remember it happening before... the first weeks I had the PMDG it all seemed to work fine as far as I remember. Now I've been stuck with the problem for several weeks - I've just simply never bothered asking for help until now.

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Stabilizer trim indicator jumps on the PMDG 737 series

The PMDG 737NG series incorporates a custom stabilizer trim gauge we had to develop in order to make the trim work properly. Because the stabilizer trim in FS9 runs at about 5 times the normal rate as the real 737's, it made the aircraft extremely hard to control with manual trim inputs. We developed a custom gauge that slowed the speed to match that of the real 737, but an unwanted side effect of this is the strange animation behavior. Holding the trim for several seconds will allow users to see that the stabilizer actually does move.

Could that be the answer? Go to PMDG Help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Just started flying with it, but look at the throttle quadrant where the stab trim is. Start adjusting the trim, it will make the noise and move slighty, its not going to move by a lot, but it moves slowly like in real life.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

alright. So it's not really a problem then, it's supposed to be like that to make it more realistic? (despite all the animated jumping).

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Yeah the gauge is jumping, but the trim wheel will be moving, realistic.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...