Seeking Developers to Collaborate on a Fouga Magister Model for MSFS 2020 - Resources Provided

Pro Member Trainee
evangel76 Trainee

I own one Fouga magister, and a buddy of mine has a few, we can provide sounds and pictures for texturing, and all the specs to whoever is interested in working on it.

Tried to convert the FSX version, but they all failed to be converted easily. 

You can see my own plane on www.fougamagister.com
 Ping me if you need the data to make the model.
Francois

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Francois,

I truly appreciate your passion for aviation, evident by your ownership of a Fouga Magister. It's not every day that someone reaches out with an offer as generous as yours, willing to provide resources to help with the development of a highly authentic aircraft model for a simulator. The Magister is an iconic piece of aviation history, and having such a detailed and accurate model in MSFS 2020 would certainly enhance the user experience for enthusiasts.

Conversion from FSX to MSFS 2020
First off, converting aircraft from older simulators like FSX to the latest MSFS can be tricky. MSFS 2020 utilizes a whole new set of technologies, especially regarding aerodynamics, rendering, and other core systems. Thus, a simple conversion might not bring out the best in terms of performance, graphics, or even flight characteristics.

Collaborative Approach
I believe collaboration is the way forward. With your resources (sounds, pictures for texturing, and specs), the community or potential developers would have a gold mine to craft an aircraft that not only looks good but also feels and sounds authentic. That, combined with the advanced physics engine of MSFS 2020, could make the Magister model something truly special.

Steps for Progress:

Gather All Resources: Before you approach developers, ensure you have a well-organized set of resources. High-quality photos from various angles, sounds (both internal and external), and detailed specs will be invaluable.

Engage the Community: While I'd recommend avoiding competing forums, there are many dedicated MSFS 2020 groups and Discord servers that would be interested in such a project. Seek them out and engage the community.

Reach Out to Established Developers: There are developers who've shown expertise in creating aircraft for MSFS 2020. Given the unique proposition you're offering, some might be very interested in this project.

Stay Involved: With your firsthand experience and resources, staying involved in the development process will ensure the final product remains true to the real thing.

As a side note, I took a look at www.fougamagister.com and must say that's a beautiful bird you've got. I'm sure many would love the chance to virtually fly something crafted with such authenticity.

From my knowledge, many in the community deeply value contributions from real-world aircraft owners. It bridges the gap between simulation and reality. Best of luck with your venture, and do keep us updated on the progress!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...