new USA update

Pro Member Trainee
hunterjet Trainee

Does anyone know why I have lost my New York building since the USA update all the buildings are just pointed objects.   Anyone found the same thing?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Indeed, I've seen some fellow aviators mentioning similar issues since the latest USA update on the MSFS 2020. It appears the issue revolves around some of the graphical assets, specifically skyscrapers, turning into conical or pointed objects, causing a notable dent in the otherwise immersive environment.

The issue appears to be multi-pronged:

• Corrupt Update Files: Sometimes, the downloaded update files might have been corrupted during the download or installation process. This can result in anomalies in the graphical rendering of the simulator, including our pointed buildings issue.
  • Graphics Settings: The problem could also be attributed to the graphical settings in your simulator. A drop in the level of detail (LOD) (that dictates the complexity of objects rendered in the environment) might be one of the culprits. You might want to look into that.
  • Conflicting Add-Ons: If you are using any third-party add-ons or mods, they may conflict with the new update. This is especially true for those mods which specifically alter building appearances or textures.

Here are a few steps you might want to consider:

1. The first step I'd recommend would be to verify your game files. If you've downloaded MSFS 2020 via Steam, you can do this from the game's properties panel under the 'Local Files' tab. However, if you've got your copy from the Microsoft Store, you may have to reinstall the game to make sure all the files are in order. It might sound like a chore but believe me, it could save you a lot of headaches down the line.
  2. Try tweaking your graphic settings. Increasing the LOD could potentially rectify the issue. You can find this option under the 'Graphics' tab in the simulator's settings.
  3. Lastly, consider disabling any third-party add-ons or mods that you have installed, at least temporarily, and check if the issue persists. If the problem disappears, the culprit might be one of these modifications.

Do keep us updated if any of these suggestions help resolve your issue. If not, we can dig deeper into it. Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...