Videos of the HondaJet

Guest Guest

Hi guys...just found some neat video of the new Honda developed and powered light business jet. Pretty cool considering the all new Honda jet engines, and the fact that it was tested 20 miles from my house. I thought I saw it last year overhead...anyway, check it out or disregard if old!

First flight video:

http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2003-c031216_2a/

Longer, later test:

http://world.honda.com/HDTV/HondaJet/200408long/

Hope y'all enjoy them.

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks for the links, they are great videos, didn't know Honda were into jets 😳 .

Guest Guest

You're welcome. Pretty neat little plane, don't ya think?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yep, it is indeed, doesn't look too dissimilar to the Learjet.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a great looking jet.
I just watched the first link and it never retracted it's landing gear, strange.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

could it have been doing low-level test? cause i sure wouldn't want an engie to go bad and not be able to get the landing gear down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe the pilot was showing off 😂
The second video is waaay too long, but it's nice too. You will see that the pilot puts the landing gear down too high.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Low-level test? The pilot was flying high, so he wasn't doing a low-level test.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't think there's a height restriction on landing gear. I've got dialup, so i did not watch the video, I'm only guessing, but my second guess would be a stress-test for gear down speeds

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

There are restrictions on speeds with the gear down, though.

Pro Member Chief Captain

my second guess would be a stress-test for gear down speeds

I know that...from experience 😳

VORboy Guest

Being the first ever flight, my guess is that they didn't want to retract the gear for fear of it not coming back down. Those gear doors look kinda complicated on the main gear to me.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

That's a great looking jet.
I just watched the first link and it never retracted it's landing gear, strange.

Radar

Over the years I have watched quite a few TV shows about new or experimental aircraft, and may times the maiden or first few flights are of short duration and with landing gear down throughout the flight. FEM's theory sounds plausible, as does VORboy's also

Guest Ed Guest

I'm surprised no one has commented on the strange engine mounting-- the plane looks a bit like an older LearJet, with the two engines alongside the fuselage, aft of the wings-- but the engines are not mounted to the fuselage, they're on pylons on top of the wings. I can't remember seeing that engine mounting scheme before-- I wonder if it is for noise abatement, or aerodynamics, or what.

I assume that the long spike on the nose is for flight test instruments-- the models didn't have it? That looks kind of silly.

Pretty cool looking little plane, though. I'd like to have one, but I'll wait until the Acura version comes out. . . 😉

Ed

VORboy Guest

Honda claims that the wing mounting of the engines leaves more interior room due to the fusealage not needing the extra bracing and support for the engines. Check this link out:

http://world.honda.com/news/2003/c031216_2.html

gives some more specifics about the design of the jet. I wonder how long it will take Toyota to get in the game now....

VORboy Guest

Also check out this one:

http://world.honda.com/AircraftEngines/

it's the homepage of Honda Aero, as far as I can tell.

VORboy Guest

Last post on this...I promise!

"Compared with conventional jets, this experimental aircraft offers superior fuel efficiency and remarkable cabin space. The engines are optimally positioned on the upper surface of the main wing in a unique configuration that reduces drag at high speeds and increases cruising efficiency. This layout also eliminates the need for structural engine mounts in the fuselage, creating over 30% more cabin space than in a conventional aircraft."

Taken from the Honda site, explains the mounting of the engines over the wings.

Guest Ed Guest

VORboy,

Thanks, I'll have a look at those other sites tomorrow morning.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain

or maybe Chevrolet??? 😛

VORboy Guest

I don't know if I would fly on a Chevrolet jet...definitely not on a Jeep made jet. Could you imagine the rattles that would occur at speed and altitude? Those things sound terrible on the ground, in the air would be terrifying.

Pro Member Trainee
rustler45 Trainee

The panel does not work properly for FSX. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is mostly blank with no gauges. Any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

rustler45 wrote:

The panel does not work properly for FSX. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is mostly blank with no gauges. Any ideas?

The contents of the gauge folder that you downloaded have to go into the main gauge folder not stay with the aircraft folder in the main aircraft folder.
Always check the read-me that comes with the download.
Radar

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I have faith in Honda. If they can make that kinda cars, they can make that kinda jets. Hope they can make a cheaper jet like Eclipse, so one day when I hot jackpot (I dont expect to hit any big pot though 😂 😂 😂 ) I can buy one.....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...