Errors with downloading FSX weather

helomech Guest

I have been having trouble downloading weather on FSX for quite some time. I found this forum about folks giving input on files to download for fixes. I went to the FSXWX site and installed the FSXWX client as well as the mapping.bin and cloud texture in the weather file for the game, restarted the game but still getting the weather download error. Any sugestions other suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I'm quite sure that Microsoft discontinued supporting real weather in FSX.
You'll have to get an add-on to simulate weather.

Radar

BerLopez Guest

I too downloaded and installed FSWX, fallowed intructions, works like a charm. I simply minimize FSX and doduble click my FSWX icon which is on my desktop Then the sim blincks I ti shows me I have connected to FSUIPC and simconnect and after a short while...I connect with the nearest station then it connects and loads the actual  weather, then i can go tot he airport list and choose active runway.

Berlopez

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello everyone,

It seems that a few users are experiencing similar issues with downloading FSX weather. As the previous user mentioned, Microsoft has indeed discontinued support for real-world live weather in FSX, which could be the reason for the weather download error. To resolve this issue, you'll need to use a third-party add-on to simulate weather.

Berlopez's experience using FSXWX appears to be quite positive, and it could potentially resolve your issue too. However, if you have already tried installing FSXWX and it's not working, you might want to consider a couple of alternative solutions:

• Check if your FSUIPC and SimConnect are up-to-date. These components are essential for proper communication between the simulator and the weather add-on. Make sure to download and install the latest versions from the respective developers' websites.
  • Verify your firewall and antivirus settings. It's possible that security software may block FSXWX from connecting to the internet and downloading weather data. Ensure that FSXWX is allowed to access the internet through your firewall and antivirus settings.
  • Consider trying another weather add-on. There are several other weather add-ons available for FSX, such as Active Sky Next (ASN), REX Weather Architect, or OPUSFSI. Each of these add-ons has its own unique features and weather simulation capabilities. You can find more information on these add-ons and their compatibility with FSX on their official websites.

Before trying a new add-on, make sure to properly uninstall the previous one to avoid potential conflicts. If you still encounter issues after trying these solutions, it might be worthwhile to seek assistance from the developers of your chosen weather add-on. They will have more in-depth knowledge of their product and can help troubleshoot any issues you might be facing.

I hope this helps you resolve your weather download issue in FSX. If you have any further questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to ask here on Fly Away Simulation forum.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...