How to install FreeMesh Global 2.0

Damnam Guest

Hi, I have downloaded FreeMeshX - Global 2.0, but it is not possible to - add as an example Europe - in the Scenery.
Any helpful ideas?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Do you receive any error messages?  What happens specifically?

Quoted from the listing, this may be of help:

There is a bug in FSX where clicking OK does nothing, and may seem you are stuck. Don’t despair! Clicking anywhere any white space in the browsing menu will close the dialog window.

Pro Member Trainee
Liahona999 Trainee

I was having difficulties in adding scenery too.  I punted, and started using the Scenery Config Editor found here,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

It has worked well for me.

Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

The FreeMesh X 2.0 download is completely broken and has never worked for me.  Even after I finally figured out how to install it properly because the readme file is extremely lacking instructions.  What I don't get is all the YouTube videos showing how to install it show completely different readme instructions than the one that comes with the download from this website.

It has no affects on the global scenery at all.  All I see is still the exact same default scenery as before.  I noticed after looking around in the FreeMesh X folder I downloaded, there are no texture files whatsoever.    I mean, how can it change the scenery without replacing global textures?  If you look at the reviews on the download page, you will see many people complaining that it just doesn't work or just doesn't change the scenery at all.

I literally spent hours and hours pulling my hair out, trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong but after wasting so much time trying everything I could think of, pulling my hair out and getting nowhere, I just gave up.  It's broken, end of story.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...