Which flight sim for a first timer with modest PC spec

Hmm-let-me-think Guest

Last year FS2020 caught my eye, and as some who's dipped my toe into the world of real life flying, the idea of getting into a flight sim appeals to me. 

The thing is, having done my research it seems I'd need to spend over £1000 on a new PC just to run FS2020 on it's basic settings and I can't justify spending that on something that might (for me) end up being a short lived novelty.

Therefore I am thinking why not try one of the older sims, that can run on my current PC? My current PC is around 6 years old and has an i5 4400 with 8GB ram and a Quadro 410 graphics card. The GPU is geared toward AutoCAD etc so I expect this would need swapping out to something gaming oriented. But a second hand GPU for, say around £50-£100, is more easily justified, and if I get the bug I could upgrade in the future.

Bearing in mind I have only so far played with the google earth flight sim, can anyone recommend an older flight sim and a cheapish GPU to slot into my current system? My current system below:

i5 4400
8GB ram
108gb SSD
930gb HDD
Quadro 410 GPU (assume replace)
Windows 10

Many thanks  

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
chgh Guest

hello! you may try Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 with those specs for sure.

Pro Member Trainee
Kalnon Trainee

Yeah those specs are quite dated.  FSX would be your best bet.  I  would strongly recommend you upgrade your gpu most of all.  If you had a more modern gpu and at least 16 GB of ram you could run the FS2020.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...