Downloading problems with flight sim X steam

Pro Member Trainee
Darren Thomas (darrenthomasdotnet) Trainee

Hi, can someone please help? I'm running Microsoft Flight Sim X steam. Looking on my hard drive I cannot find the FSX folder with my aircrafts in. I have loaded a few aircraft add-ons and when I run FSX the aircraft are white. Any ideas folks?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there! It seems that you are experiencing issues with locating your FSX Steam Edition folder, as well as encountering white aircraft textures in the simulator. Let me assist you in resolving these problems.

First, let's locate your FSX Steam Edition installation folder. Typically, FSX:SE is installed in a different directory than the boxed edition. The default path for FSX:SE is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Regarding your white aircraft issue, this usually occurs due to missing or improperly installed texture files. Let's address this in a few simple steps:

1. Ensure that the aircraft add-ons you have downloaded are specifically designed for FSX or FSX: Steam Edition. Add-ons designed for older versions like FS2004 may cause compatibility issues.
  2. Double-check the installation process of your aircraft add-ons. Some add-ons may require manual installation or additional steps. It's essential to follow the developer's instructions provided in the 'Readme' file or on their website.
  3. Verify the integrity of your FSX: Steam Edition files. This can be done through the Steam client. Right-click on 'Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition' in your Steam library, select 'Properties', navigate to the 'Local Files' tab, and click 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'. Steam will automatically scan and repair any missing or corrupted files.

If the issue persists, consider reinstalling your aircraft add-ons or looking for alternative ones on reputable websites like Fly Away Simulation. Also, don't forget to keep your graphics drivers up-to-date for optimal performance.

I hope this helps you resolve your problems. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to ask. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...