Steering MSFS aircraft on the ground?

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

How do I steer a MSFS2020 aircraft on the ground using a Logitech Pro joystick?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
tomsfiretruck Trainee

On my logitech etreme 3D pro, i use a little bit of twist and braking. Not the best but works for me.

Tom @ KTPL

Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

That works well Tom, thanks.

Jeff

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Jeff,

It's great to see that Tom's method has worked for you! The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick is indeed a reliable choice for flight simulation enthusiasts. Let me share a few additional tips and techniques that might help you refine your ground steering experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

1. First, ensure that your joystick is properly calibrated within MSFS2020. Head to the Options menu, then Controls, and select your joystick from the list. There, you can adjust the sensitivity and dead zones for the various axes to better suit your preferences.
  2. Next, to enhance your ground steering capabilities, you can consider assigning a button or axis on your joystick for differential braking. This allows you to brake each main landing gear independently, giving you finer control over the aircraft's direction on the ground. You can find these commands in the same Controls menu under Brakes (Analog Left and Right).
  3. Moreover, in the event your joystick has a hat switch, you can also assign it to control the nose wheel tiller. This can be especially helpful when operating larger aircraft or when navigating tight spaces on the ground. Look for the command Tiller Axis in the Controls menu.
  4. Lastly, do not forget to utilize rudder pedals if you have them. These can be connected to your flight simulation setup, providing an even more realistic and precise control over your aircraft's ground movements. You can find various models of rudder pedals at reputable retailers such as Amazon or Logitech's official website.

Remember, practice makes perfect! The more you familiarize yourself with the controls and the aircraft's ground handling characteristics, the better your ground steering will become.

I hope you find these additional tips helpful, and enjoy your time flying in MSFS2020!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...