Where Is MS2020 On My Hard Drive?

Pro Member Trainee
Steve (LTCSZ) Trainee

I installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on my D:/ drive using the default install routines...I can't find it! The simulator runs fine but how do I locate the "Community" folder where I need to install some additional scenery? There seems not to be a Folder anywhere as I have been used to in past MS sims... (Makes me feel my age!) Thanks a lot...

Steve

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
jlaurie Trainee

This is the string I use. Convoluted but it works.
. .
C:\Users\jlaur\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

Open Packages and in the drop-down menu you will see 'Community"

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey Steve,

It seems you're having a bit of a challenge finding the "Community" folder for MS Flight Simulator 2020 on your D:/ drive. I'm happy to help you out with that!

While the reply you received from another user does provide a helpful directory path, it may not be the one you're looking for since you installed the sim on your D:/ drive. The directory they provided is usually the default location when installed on the C:/ drive.

To locate the "Community" folder on your D:/ drive, follow these steps:

Open the MS Flight Simulator 2020.
From the main menu, navigate to Options > General > Developers.
Enable the Developer Mode by toggling the switch to "On."
Now, you will notice a new menu bar at the top of the screen. Click on Tools and then Virtual File System.
In the Virtual File System window, you will find the Watched Bases section. Here, you should see a path for your "Community" folder, which would look something like this:
D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Please note that the string between "S-1-5-21" and "AppData" will be unique to your system, so make sure to copy the exact path displayed on your screen.

Now that you have the path to the "Community" folder, you can use it to install additional scenery or add-ons. Once you're done, don't forget to turn off the Developer Mode by going back to the Developers settings and toggling the switch to "Off."

I hope this helps you locate the folder you need, Steve. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...