Cannot switch cockpit views

Pro Member Trainee
mathurpc Trainee

There are default keyboard settings for Cockpit Look Right (SHIFT+RIGHT) and Cockpit Look Left (SHIFT+LEFT). But these do not work in my setup. All other settings work fine.
Can somebody help me please.
Pramod

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Pramod,

I understand that you're experiencing difficulties with the default keyboard settings for Cockpit Look Right (SHIFT+RIGHT) and Cockpit Look Left (SHIFT+LEFT) in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It can be quite frustrating when specific key bindings don't work as expected. I'd be more than happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Firstly, let's make sure that there are no conflicts in your key bindings. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
  • Navigate to the Options menu
  • Select Controls
  • In the search bar, type "Cockpit Look Right" and "Cockpit Look Left" to find the respective key bindings
  • Ensure that there are no conflicts (indicated by a warning symbol) with other key bindings

If you notice any conflicts, you can either change the conflicting key binding or assign a new key combination to the Cockpit Look Right and Cockpit Look Left functions.

If there are no conflicts, it's possible that your keyboard may not support multiple key presses simultaneously (also known as n-key rollover or anti-ghosting). In this case, you can try using alternative key combinations or reassign the functions to different keys that don't require simultaneous key presses.

To reassign the keys, follow these steps:

• In the Controls menu, locate the "Cockpit Look Right" and "Cockpit Look Left" functions
  • Click on the function you wish to change
  • Press the Clear Current Input button
  • Click on the Start Scanning button
  • Press the new key combination you wish to assign
  • Repeat the process for the other function
  • Click Apply & Save to confirm the changes

Once you've reassigned the keys, check if the new key combinations work in your setup.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue and enhance your flight simulation experience. If you still encounter difficulties, please don't hesitate to ask for further assistance.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...